Subject: Swedish investigation on digital authority mail
From: Lena Hägglöf <[email-masked]>
To: "MKM info"
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 15:04:43 +0300

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Lena Hägglöf, and I am the principal secretary of a government
inquiry on digital authority mail in Sweden. The Swedish government has
decided to give a special investigator the task to investigate digital
mail from authorities. Head of the investigation is Britt Bohlin, who has
previously, among other things, been a member of the Swedish parliament
and director of the Nordic Council.

The assignment is to investigate the conditions for introducing a
mandatory connection to a secure digital mailbox for private individuals,
individual traders, and legal entities in order to be able to receive
secure electronic mail from authorities. Furthermore, we shall investigate
the conditions for introducing an mandatory connection for governmental
authorities, municipalities and regions to send secure electronic items to
the digital mailboxes.

We now studying other countries and are interested in the solution that
Estonia has chosen. I am wondering if it would be possible to schedule a
digital meeting in order for us to learn more about digital mail in
Estonia and I wonder who I should contact regarding this?

Best regards

Lena Hägglöf

Lena Hägglöf
Principal secretary
+46 (0)8 405 23 29

+46 (0)70 208 97 85
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
 <http://www.sou.gov.se/> www.sou.gov.se